This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Bayadère:shades interpretation

:huh: Oh, I'm so glad somebody finally realizes that!

Please keep us posted on how your students are coming along. You've given them an ambitious assignment.

ehehe!I'm just one and I think very different from how dancers and teachers usually think.Here teachers are only keen on extensions and good bodies,without taking care of interpretation and of understanding a role or a ballet deeply....dancers are even worse unfortunately!

For sure I'll keep you posted and yes,I always give them hard challenges,so that they can grow faster :o.I hope the director of the school will give me enough power to make my projects on them come true,and enough approval and support,too!This is hard to find and I'm a new teacher in the school,even if i collaborated with them last year!Let's just hope :wink: !

Sorry for not posting in here for such a long long time,but I've been away,studying with the Cubans;-).

I know it's :off topic: , but did you go to Havana to Mme.'s School...? How was it...?!

I knew you would have asked me :huh: !

I studied with Ramona De Saa,the director of the school of the Ballet Nacional and her daughter.They come here in Italy every summer near Turin,so I stayed there for a while.They also gave me a sort of scholarship to study more with them.

Well,I had never studied Cuban method,always Russian method, but I can say I really like it very much.The first week was very strange: I had pain anywhere (because of the tough lesson!) and it was quite hard to perfectly follow the lesson...I think you know they have different ports de bras,they don't have a plié excercise at the barre,they do hundreds of pliés-relevé also at the centre,they make you stop every jump,especially the jeté-en-attitude-croisé in plié with leg up and make you stay so for 24/8 ehehehhe :wink: .But then I have improved a lot!(and have already lost it,as my last lesson wa there three weeks ago....).

I loved when they put revoltade at the end of the Grande-Valse excercise.In Italy nobody does,it would look weird! :lol:

Anyway if I could study a whole year or just three months with those teachers I would be 100 times better,I'd have at least 5 pirouettes...Great method,really! I'm thinking about going to Cuba next summer and study there for 2/3 months....we'll see :wink: !

I studied with Ramona De Saa,the director of the school of the Ballet Nacional and her daughter.They come here in Italy every summer near Turin,so I stayed there for a while.They also gave me a sort of scholarship to study more with them.

Well,I had never studied Cuban method,always Russian method, but I can say I really like it very much.The first week was very strange: I had pain anywhere (because of the tough lesson!) and it was quite hard to perfectly follow the lesson...I think you know they have different ports de bras,they don't have a plié excercise at the barre,they do hundreds of pliés-relevé also at the centre,they make you stop every jump,especially the jeté-en-attitude-croisé in plié with leg up and make you stay so for 24/8 ehehehhe :huh: .But then I have improved a lot!(and have already lost it,as my last lesson wa there three weeks ago....).

I loved when they put revoltade at the end of the Grande-Valse excercise.In Italy nobody does,it would look weird! :wink:

Anyway if I could study a whole year or just three months with those teachers I would be 100 times better,I'd have at least 5 pirouettes...Great method,really! I'm thinking about going to Cuba next summer and study there for 2/3 months....we'll see

Beautiful. You just made me feel green with the most indecent envy... :wink: Happy to have you home. Keep on the great work man...! :off topic:

Beautiful. You just made me feel green with the most indecent envy... :huh: Happy to have you home. Keep on the great work man...! :off topic:

Thank you!I hope to get the chance to take some lessons during the year,somewhere and with a cuban maitre....but here they only teach russian and try to teach french method....Let's just hope! :wink: