This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Bolshoi Ballet in London, August 2008

Hi: I am a new member, a classical ballet fan who misses great ballet here in Israel. I saw from a Daily Telegraph article that the Bolshoi is in London until August l8th, appearing at the ROH. When I checked that site, I could not find the schedule, nor ws I able to find it by googling Bolshoi, London 2008. Can anyone help me? I will be leaving for London on August 11th. I may be reached at: normas@013.net. Thank you.

Hi, paunchette, and welcome to BalletTalk!

dirac posted this item in July 23's Links: http://ballettalk.invisionzone.com/index.p...st&p=230975 , which says no Bolshoi in London, but an visit (which has by now run its course) of the Mikhailovsky (formerly Maly) ballet. Sorry. :rofl: By now, it seems, the season has run its course.

Maybe our London members have caught a performance or two and would like to post (hint, hint).

no Bolshoi in London, but an visit ....of the Mikhailovsky (formerly Maly) ballet. ... Maybe our London members have caught a performance or two and would like to post (hint, hint).

Double tragedy, I'm afraid.

The telegraph notice about the Bolshoi 'until August 18' was from 2007. :ermm:

I think they have just finished in Amsterdam, and may be in Berlin.

And I couldn't get a ticket for Mikhailovsky's Giselle :rofl:

Hi, paunchette, and welcome to BalletTalk!

dirac posted this item in July 23's Links: http://ballettalk.invisionzone.com/index.p...st&p=230975 , which says no Bolshoi in London, but an visit (which has by now run its course) of the Mikhailovsky (formerly Maly) ballet. Sorry. :rofl: By now, it seems, the season has run its course.

Maybe our London members have caught a performance or two and would like to post (hint, hint).

Thanks to both of the people who replied to my query. I guess I was so anxious to see them that I didn't pay any attention to the date of the article.

too bad about your missing Giselle, the only "story" ballet that I like -- indeed my favorite ballet beside almost anything of Balanchine's, especially when he was still alive and running the NYC Ballet.