This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

From an e-mail from the Met:

Deborah Voigt and Ben Heppner, originally slated to star in all six performances of Wagner's
Tristan und Isolde
this season, are scheduled to sing together on Friday night. Illness has prevented them from taking the stage together until this final
Tristan
of the season, conducted by James Levine. To celebrate their very first full performance together—anywhere—of this epic opera, the Met will stream the performance

Visit
at 7 p.m. on Friday, March 28, to hear Voigt and Heppner
in
Tristan und Isolde

Thank you, carbro. I won't be able to tune in myself, but I hope the Met does more of this sort of thing, especially in view of the fact that the Met Opera broadcast is no longer availabe in my vicinity.

The Met has a number of these Realplay broadcasts each season; not as many as are carried on Sirius but a nice amount. I listened to the first performance

of Ernani a week or so ago. I think there is a schedule somewhere but I don't know where. These give the potential audiences in areas where the Saturday radio

broadcasts are no longer carried another chance to catch the season's offerings via the internet.

Peter Gelb has certainly got a lot of exposure for the Met Opera. Between the HD theatercasts, the Saturday Toll Brothers, Sirius, and Realplayer broadcasts, the Met has a chance at reaching a much wider audience than just a few years ago.