This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Introducing myself A New(Ex. Professional)Member

Nanarina

:shake: Hello everyone, I would like to introduce myself to you, I am Nanarina, a new member to the forum, which I enjoy very much, and before I continue wish to compliment you all on te varied and interesting posts on a subject dear to my heart.I have known about the two forums for some time, but have only just decided to join. I was in a slight dilema which one to join, as I worked in the profession for a number of years, after which I was involved with running clubs and Master Classes for young people. I was very privalledged to work with The Royal Ballet, in the Fonteyn/Nureyev era, as a Costumier, Design Assistant and Wardrobe Mistress. I have also written for Ballet and studied Character Dance the art of Roie portrayel. musicality in performance, and lastly Ballet appreciation.

I am now retired, but occasionally still write or design for Ballet, however, my pleasure these days is to just watch listen to the mucic and enjoy my favourite interest. Over the years there has been a number of dancers I have admired, some of who are in other peoples profiles. It is really great to read names like Svetlana Beriosova, Anya Linden, Margot Fonteyn, Nureyev, as well as recent and todays Stars. It is good to hear other people of my generation are still there, enjoying their Ballet. :)

Whenever I can I like to go and see live performances, and will be going to The Opera Garnier, in Paris next July, to see Les Dame aux Camelias., I had hoped to see Aurelie Dupont dance in it, but she may still be on Maternity leave, so will have to choose someone else.

When I cannot get to the theatre, I have a large collection of Ballet DVD's, which I watch on my wide screen TV, it is like going to the cinema in my lounge.

My Favourite Companies

American Ballet Theatre, Birmingham Royal Ballet, Bolshoi Ballet, English National Ballet, Marinksky (Kirov) Ballet, New York City Ballet

Northern Ballet Theatre, Paris Opera Ballet

Choreographers

Sir Frederick Ashton, George Balanchine, Misha Barishnicov, Bouronville# David Lichine, Serge Lifar. Sir Kenneth Macmillan, Leonid Massine' Mikhail Fokine John Neumeier, Pierre Lacotte, Marius Pepita, Sir Peter Wright, Yuri Grigorovich, Assar Messerer

Favourite Ballets

The Stone Flower, Raymonda, Sylvia (POB) Manon, Mayerling, Les deux Pigeons, Spring Waters Pas de deux, Le Corsair (Grotto, pas de deux ABT) Sir Peter Wrights Nutcracker, La Sylphide (Lacotte)

Favourite Dancers

Past: Svetlana Beriosova,Gedamas Taranda, Gennedy Brabinin, Margot Fonteyn, Marcia Haydee, Ekaterina Maximova, Merle Park. David Wall, Rudolph Nureyev, Donald Mac Cleary, Zolton Solymosi, Leonid Nicanov, Vassilie Vassiev. Darren Wortzel, Ethan Stefal, Cynthis Harvey, Alytinai Aslmuritova, Francois Legree

Present

Aurelie Dupont, Darcey Bussell(Retired), Alina Corojo, Karl Paquet, Jean Guillamine Bart, Manual Legris, Julie Kent, Paloma Herrera, Angel Corell .Svetlana Zahkova, Jeremy Belingard, Agnes Oaks, Thomas Edur, Mathui Ganio

I am sure there must be some I have left out, particularly from the NYCB, there are so many years to cover, a lifetime of DANCE.

Nanarina

:D:) ENJOY YOUR BALLET. :D

Welcome to Ballet Talk, Nanarina; it's very nice to have you with us. You have a long history in ballet, and a wealth of information. We look forward to your imput in our discussions. There's no reason why you can't join both forums; wonderful discussions on both sites. If you do join BT4D use the same name so that we know who you are.

Enjoy!

Giannina

Thank you everyone for your kind welcome, I look forward to a healthy discussion, likes and dislikes, warts and all !! Have any of you seen Paris Opera Ballets Dame aux Camelias ? I am unable to see Aurelie Dupont, have you any suggestions, Herve Moreau and Agnes Letescue, were supposed to premiere it originally, but injury took it's toll, and Aurelie D and Manual L did the first performances, Agnes L is not my favourite choice, as I do not like her acting, she is not expressive enough for me. This role needs the right amount of feeeling in the portrayal.

I will be in Paris from 3rd to 10th July so will have the opportuinity hoperfully to pick the best cast.

Nanarina, I know that there will be people who will be able to respond to your thoughts and questions about the current POB season. Unfortunately, we don't currently have a forum devoted to individual companies. What I suggest is that you start a new thread on "Everything Else Ballet" and give it a title that will catch the eye of those who know the most about the POB today. :thumbsup:

Nanarina, I know that there will be people who will be able to respond to your thoughts and questions about the current POB season. Unfortunately, we don't currently have a forum devoted to individual companies. What I suggest is that you start a new thread on "Everything Else Ballet" and give it a title that will catch the eye of those who know the most about the POB today. :thumbsup:

Hello bart: Thank you for your suggestion I will post to Everything else about Ballet, for the POB Cast etc.

Nanarina :thumbsup: