This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I really think this is great. There are interviews with dancers, Peter Martins, and little clips from performance and rehearsals, which I replay over and over until I am blue in the face. It is a great idea. Too bad more companies can't do the same type of thing because of budgets... :innocent:

I really think this is great. There are interviews with dancers, Peter Martins, and little clips from performance and rehearsals, which I replay over and over until I am blue in the face. It is a great idea. Too bad more companies can't do the same type of thing because of budgets... :innocent:

I don't think it's a very expensive thing to do, and youtube might reach a new audience.

They've removed videos of the ballets performed earlier this season. :(

I spotted Merrill Ashley in one, looking quite lovely. The video about Jewels was especially fascinating. I was amazed by how differently -- sytle-wise -- NYCB performed it compared to POB. I particularly noticed this during the brief clip of the second ballerina in Emeralds (later does the "walking" pas de deux); her dancing, notably her arms, did not seem to quite fit mood of the piece/music, in my humble opinion.

Too bad more companies can't do the same type of thing because of budgets... :)

It's not a matter of budget, the cost is zero (almost). Some major companies don't want their dancers to become "stars" or "people". So they don't communicate on individuals, just on the company itself.

But it's a good way for smaller companies to attract a new audience.