This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Nilas Martins & Co. in Puerto Rico

According to the following schedule (link), the 2008 edition of the Casals Festival of classical music will include a rare dance offering: Nilas Martins and Stars of the NYCB, performing two different programs. Included is a revival of Peter Martins' 1980s tribute to Ray Charles, "A Fool for You," as well as Nilas Martins' own "Puccini Songs." A new work, I wonder?

http://www.festcasalspr.gobierno.pr/programa_univ.html

Ah..."A Fool For You." I don't think we've seen that in a while , have we? :wink:

According to the following schedule (link), the 2008 edition of the Casals Festival of classical music will include a rare dance offering: Nilas Martins and Stars of the NYCB, performing two different programs. Included is a revival of Peter Martins' 1980s tribute to Ray Charles, "A Fool for You," as well as Nilas Martins' own "Puccini Songs." A new work, I wonder?

Puccini Songs premiered at the DiCapo theatre in NYC a couple of years ago and reprised recently during the company's performance in Patchogue.

It's a lovely piece, musical and romantic, and Nilas has been tweaking it since the premiere. He definitely has an affinity for Puccini.