This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

First post!

DeborahB

I've been an avid reader of Ballet Talk for over two years, and enjoy it very much!

As a devotee of the NYCB, I have had the same three subscriptions and seats (first ring. I'm lucky, I know!) since I moved to NYC for college (30 years ago!). I cried for two days when Jock Soto retired, and was fortunate enough to attend his last performance; I named our now two year old dog, Wendy, after Wendy Whelan (we also have two other dogs). I even have two tickets to NYCB's performances in London in March (I have a British client so I go there a few times a year). I also go to ABT when they are at City Center (I'm not big on their spring season at the Met), as well as Paul Taylor and Alvin Ailey. I attended 3 out of 5 programs of Chris Wheeldon's new company too. And no, I was never a dancer but I grew up (Boston) loving classical music, and I played and studied piano over 10 years.

Cheers,

DeborahB

FIRST RING!!! That's a treasure! Welcome to Ballet Talk, DeborahB; even tho we're green with envy we're very glad to have you with us. We hope you'll give us your impressions of the various productions you see. You already know everything about the board so continue enjoying as you now share in our discussions.

Giannina