This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Hello ballet lovers

Mariano

I started my love for this beautiful art many years ago when I saw the first ballet performance in my native country, Cuba. It was Swan lake. A second perforamce followed Swan Lake and it was Coppélia with Alicia Alonso, still at her prime.

Those first experiences left an indeleble mark, so I decided to be a dancer. I started studying ballet. After a few months taking clases I realized that my limitations were stronger than my passion for this art because I was too old (17), so I quit.

However, my frustration did not take me away from the beloved art. To this day, I am the same ballet lover I was when I was 17. Since I moved to New York 27 years ago, I have been an enthusiastic ballet goer.

Besides the theatre, I have a good ballet video collection (DVD) that keeps growing every week.

Today I discovered this site, and I am happy to be here.

Thanks, Giannina. Yes, I've been in the ballet world for a long time so I have a lot to say :) .

Mariano

Welcome to Ballet Talk, Mariano. We are very glad you found our site. Every member is a ballet lover. Just about every aspect of ballet is discussed on the board and you will find a wealth of information. We hope you enjoy sharing in our discussiions.

Giannina

I started my love for this beautiful art many years ago when I saw the first ballet performance in my native country, Cuba. It was Swan lake. A second perforamce followed Swan Lake and it was Coppélia with Alicia Alonso, still at her prime.Those first experiences left an indeleble mark.

Hi, Mariano! :tiphat:

I'm so glad to have a cuban partner in crime around here :off topic:. I think we have a lot of common things to talk about when Mme Alonso :o or the Ballet Nacional de Cuba is the subject. I also grew up en el Lorca ,watching Mme. Alonso, Yoyi, Aurora, Mirtica, Loipa and everybody else. :P .(you know what i'm talking about), so please, give me a hand on this matters. Don't hesitate to contact me. . Dig in the threads...Here and there you'll find some references, some of them really interesting. The people here is WONDERFUL, EXTREMELY RESPECTFUL , AND THE EXPERTISSE LEVEL IS AMAZING. I hope that you feel as welcomed as i do...

Cuidate papo..

:wink:

Cristian