This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT Names Five Soloists

Doing the math, that's 13 who have left the corps (5 promotions, 8 delisted) and only one who has entered the corps: Leann Underwood (IMO, close to Sarah Lane as the most significant of recent promotions). You would think there might be some hiring before the next full-length season. Hopeful merde-in-advance to members of the Studio Company!

Doing the math, that's 13 who have left the corps (5 promotions, 8 delisted) and only one who has entered the corps: Leann Underwood (IMO, close to Sarah Lane as the most significant of recent promotions). You would think there might be some hiring before the next full-length season. Hopeful merde-in-advance to members of the Studio Company!

I was lucky enough to dance alongside Leanne Underwood when she performed as a guest artist at my company in 2005 - she danced an achingly graceful Lilac Fairy. I hope she flourishes in the corps and I wish her the best!!!

I have seen her in some ABT Studio Co. presentations, and she seemed just fine in the new choreographies she danced. It's hard to assess dancers in those works, though, so I look forward to seeing her in the main company's repertoire. She has generated a fair amount of positive chatter among some of Studio Co.'s close followers.

Just a comment on Jared...I noticed him with the Studio Company, but really noticed him in Symphonic Variations...he was the only one who carried himself as if Ashton was coaching...he understands how to use his shoulders both in movement and in silence.

Congratulations to all on their promotions and to Craig Salstein who was promoted in time for the Chicago season in March