This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

PART/GOMES replaced in Swan Lake

James Wolcott's blog indicates that Part is injured and can't dance. ABT's website confirms that Dvorovenko and Beloserkovsky will dance instead. Part/Gomes are still listed on the ABT calendar but if you go to "purchase tickets" and click through to Swan Lake you will see the substitution :thumbsup:

Whatever the cause for the cancellation, I hope it's not serious or enduring.

Me too. Right now I'm still feeling a little sorry for myself, though. Aside from crushing disappointment at being deprived of the performance I've been waiting for all season - I'm going with some friends, so there's no cancelling plus they prefer to sit up close - so I'll be watching from the 5th row of the orchestra!

James Wolcott's blog indicates that Part is injured and can't dance. ABT's website confirms that Dvorovenko and Beloserkovsky will dance instead. Part/Gomes are still listed on the ABT calendar but if you go to "purchase tickets" and click through to Swan Lake you will see the substitution :thumbsup:

It is too bad for this injury to happen now to Veronika. She could have shown Mr. Macauley what she can do with the right role for her.I hope it not serious and we will see her next season.

The single positive here is that it would have been worse to get up early, travel to the Met, go through the gates & see that ominous standing board announcing this expletive expletive change.

You can say that again. I'm glad I took a 7 hour train trip to New York last weekend instead of, as I'd previously considered, going up this weekend for Part's Swan Lake.

Heal soon, Veronika!

Well I didn't get the notice. I was in NYC all morning. I was bummed as hell. I saw Irina and Max do Swan Lake several years ago and they were on fire. Today they seemed tired, maybe from the short notice. The highlight of the afternoon was I spotted Irina Kolpakova during intermission and even though she was in a hurry she signed my program.

Well I didn't get the notice. I was in NYC all morning. I was bummed as hell. I saw Irina and Max do Swan Lake several years ago and they were on fire. Today they seemed tired, maybe from the short notice. The highlight of the afternoon was I spotted Irina Kolpakova during intermission and even though she was in a hurry she signed my program.

I thought Irina was pretty fabulous. Her Odette is sort of a strange bird (sorry, i couldn't help myself), and I don't find myself LOVING her interpretation, but I think its valid, interesting, different, and ultimately it works if it doesn't melt my heart.

I agree however about Max. I mean granted anyone was going to look a bit of a let down after the absolutely sizzling performance I saw thursday by Angel, and Max at his best doesn't have Angel's arsenal of tricks. But he just seemed sort of blah today. Nothing bad. Just as you say, tired.

Very disappointed about Veronika however, I'd been looking forward to this all season :unsure:

Actually for longer than that since I couldnt make her SL last year!