This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT Alumni Reunion

A press release from the company:

300 FORMER DANCERS TO TAKE CURTAIN CALL FOR

AMERICAN BALLET THEATRE’S ALUMNI REUNION WEEKEND,

SATURDAY EVENING, MAY 26, 2007

Nearly 300 former members of American Ballet Theatre will take to the stage of the Metropolitan Opera House for the final curtain call at ABT’s performance on Saturday evening, May 26. As part of a special Alumni Reunion weekend, ABT alumni from across the country will take part in events that include pre- and post-performance receptions and a special showing by students of the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis School at American Ballet Theatre.

Alumni and special guests from every decade of American Ballet Theatre’s last 67 years will be in attendance for the weekend’s activities. Co-chaired by Cynthia Gregory, Gage England Bush and Susan Jaffe, ABT’s Alumni Reunion weekend will be the first formal gathering of alumni since the Company’s 50th Anniversary celebration in 1990.

Tickets for the May 26 evening performance of Symphonie Concertante and The Dream are on sale at The Metropolitan Opera House box office or by calling 212-362-6000. For more information, please visit ABT’s website at www.abt.org <http://www.abt.org> .

A press release from the company:

300 FORMER DANCERS TO TAKE CURTAIN CALL FOR

AMERICAN BALLET THEATRE’S ALUMNI REUNION WEEKEND,

SATURDAY EVENING, MAY 26, 2007

Nearly 300 former members of American Ballet Theatre will take to the stage of the Metropolitan Opera House for the final curtain call at ABT’s performance on Saturday evening, May 26. [...]

Any bets on who knocks whom into the pit first?

The only one I recognize is Martine Van Hamel, wearing what has to be the most interesting pantsuit of her generation... :):excl:

Nope-Martine is in the long black next to a very interesting gold corsette number.

The only one I recognize is Martine Van Hamel, wearing what has to be the most interesting pantsuit of her generation... :):excl:

Nope-Martine is in the long black next to a very interesting gold corsette number.

Yes, that's her, but it is a very weird pantsuit that she is wearing. :) You can definately see the pants. Not a dress.

The only ones I recognize for sure are Bruce Marks (AD of Orlando Ballet) and Ali Pourfarrokh (AD of Eglevsky Ballet), at opposite ends of the front row, Marks all in black on the left bank (about 8th to the right of left) and Pourfarrokh in a blue suit and tie on the right bank (about 10th to the left of right).

I recognize one of my former teachers and my friend, Elisabeth Carroll Smith. In the first picture, she is in the front row, 5th from the right. In the 2nd picture, she is in the first row, 3rd from right. She is wearing a black short dress, short grey/dark hair.

Just wanted to second this, and ask where Ms. Carroll taught you. :(

Also, I see Paul Sutherland in the third photo, left of center. He is hugging someone and has dark hair; he is behind a woman in a short black dress.

The woman in the black dress in front of Paul Sutherland (3rd photo), is Lupe Serrano. The lady in short pink behind Martine is Rachel Moore, the company Executive Director. To Lupe's right, the short lady in black with short black hair and pink roses in her hand is Glady Celeste, one of the company pianists who has been with the company since before I was there! Far right of photo in black, short black hair, is Maria Youskevitch.

In the first and second photo, I am standing next to Bruce Marks. (My dress is really pink, but doesn't show up pink in those photos.) Right beside me on my right is Stephanie Spassoff. On the right side of photo next to the lady with long red hair (Kathleen Moore?), in black with stole across the top, is Judith Siegfried. A few places further right (to Judy's left), in the red dress, is Barbara Cole, who was there in the last part of the 40's. The lady in white jacket with black rimmed glasses is Diana Levy, standing next to a lovely lady in a gold jacket who is Mary Stone. Elaine Kudo is in the middle of that photo, in black V neck dress.

In the very last photo, on the far right of the photo, is a beautiful lady in a black dress, with grey hair. She is two places to Eleanor D'Antuono's left. I'm not sure of her name, but she was in the very first performance ever of Ballet Theatre, in Jan. of 1940! Also in that photo, on the other side all the way left of the photo, is a woman in a long black dress. She has very short light hair. That is Ellen Everett, and that is me talking to her with my back to the camera.