This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Hey there, it's Leggie!

Legwarmer

Hey there!

So, my nickname is 'Legwarmer', I generally am on DDN. When I found this site, I was thrilled - this is a place at which people really discuss performances and dancers, not only a fandom.

If anybody's interested, I have danced a couple of years in my childhood but had to stop at the age of 12. First, I wanted to audition for a ballet school at Hamburg, but my parents wouldn't let me. In the end, it was the right decision - I don't really have the ballet body, as it seems. I re-started dancing one and a half years ago, now I am 17. I have huge fun, and I adore ballet to bits.

As to the performances I have seen:

Bolshoi Ballet: The Nutcracker. 30th December 2003.

Marie: Nina Kaptsova

Nutcracker: Yan Godovsky

Drosselmeier: Viktor Alekhin

Ballet Classique de Paris: Swan Lake. December 2005.

Bolshoi Ballet: Giselle. 9th April 2006

Giselle: Svetlana Zakharova

Albrecht: Ruslan Skvortsov

Myrthe: Nataliya Vyskubenko

The Royal Ballet: The Sleeping Beauty. 1st November 2006.

Aurora: Lauren Cuthbertson

Florimund: Federico Bonelli

Carabosse: Genesia Rosato

Lilac Fairy: Alexandra Ansanelli

~

I have a couple of ballet DVDs, too:

Swan Lake, Fonteyn and Nurejev with Vienna's Corps de Ballet

Romeo and Juliet, Fonteyn and Nurejev with The Royal Ballet

Giselle, N. Bessmertnova, M. Lavrovski, G. Kozlova with Bolshoi Ballet

Giselle, Svetlana Zakharova and Roberto Bolle with Teatro alla Scala's Corps de Ballet

Great Dancers of our Time, Vladimir Malakhov and Diana Vishneva/Nadja Saidakova, Lucia Lacarra with Cyril Pierre, Kiyako Kimura with Christoph Böhm

Ballet Concert 06 with Svetlana Zakharova and Roberto Bolle (Odile PDD), Alessandra Ferri and Massimo Murru (Le Chauve-souris PDD), Kader Belarbi and Clairemarie Osta (Appartement: PDD The Kitchen), Nicolas Le Riche and Clairemarie Osta (Clivago: Clivago's advances), Aurélie Dupont and Mathieu Ganio (La Sylphide: James seeks the Sylph), Nicolas Le Riche and Karl Paquette (Ivan the Terrible: The battle with the invaders)

~

What else to write? Is anybody interested in my favourite books? - or should I just leave it at this?

Welcome to Ballet Talk, Legwarmer. We are very glad to have you with us and we hope you'll enjoy sharing in our discussions. We have forums for discussions about performances, DVD's, literature, and many other topics. If you have a topic you want to discuss it would be better to use these forums since this Welcome forum is just for welcoming new members and does not get much traffic. Enjoy the board.

Giannina

And let me extend a welcome to you, alaneE. I hope you'll click the New Topic Button and share a few words about yourself.

I hope you and Legwarmer will take a look at BalletTalk for Dancers -- lots of animated talk there among dancers of all levels! You can get there by clicking the link on the far right on the banner atop each page.