This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT 2006-07 roster

The ABT website has updated the dancer roster, removing the pictures of departing dancers. There are still no additions or promotions.The soloist level is very sparse.I guess promotions will be forthcoming.Any ideas?

Joe

Joe,

I don't know if they will promote any corp member up to soloist but if they do, individuals I'd like to see promoted would be Fang, Lane, and Stappas.

Richard

I don't know if they will promote any corp member up to soloist but if they do, individuals I'd like to see promoted would be Fang, Lane, and Stappas. Richard

Great new pics!

I'll bet Kajiya and Salstein will be promoted, if there are corps promotions... though I'd like to pick two from yours above....

I'll bet Kajiya and Salstein will be promoted, if there are corps promotions...

though I'd like to pick two from yours above....

Yeah, I was going to add Salstein to my picks too but I thought my list was long enough. Who knows if they will do any promotions. Logic would say so but............

Richard

Yeah, I was going to add Salstein to my picks too . . . . Logic would say so but. . . Richard
Not to mention justice. Ditto for Lane (whose new photo resembles her even less than the previous [unflattering] one). Unfortunately, from what I saw, Fang wasn't given enough opportunities to justify a promotion just yet. Maybe this will be her year. :)

Okay, I knew of some others but didn't have the confirmation needed to post. I've checked the roster and these dancers, rumored to be departing, are indeed missing from it.

soloists: Anna Liceica

corps: Laura Hidalgo, Bo Busby, Flavio Salazar, Buck Collins

Just a few good memories of those leaving:

Laura Hidalgo is now on the Dutch National Ballet's roster in the corps de ballet. Best of luck to her. I will remember her work as the quick, boyish soloist in Polovtsian Dances, and she also made quite an impression on me performing the group movements in the Green Table. I could tell which dancer she was even with that Nixon-type mask on!

Eric Underwood quite owned the Spanish dance in Swan Lake. I glimpsed him this season as the swamp thing and Veronika's cavalier in Sylvia. And of course his beautiful line stood out any time he was onstage. On to better things.

Bo Busby really matured this season, I think. I watched him most often of the corps boys. I'm sure he'll do well where he lands.

Buck Collins did a great job in Petrouchka with all those knee-killing Russian jumps.

Finally, after about 13 cuts from ABT's roster, there are two additions to the Corps, according the ABT's September Footnotes:

Former Apprentices Isabella Boylston, YAGP Gold Medalist in 2001 who already has Medora (Le Corsaire) and Lise (La Fille mal gardee) in her rep, and Nicole Graniero, who has already danced Giselle (Giselle) have been promoted.