bart

Veronika Part

Me too. Thank you for telling us about it. Eleanor was my daughter's coach for many years.

It looks like Veronika may be dancing with (or perhaps even joining!) RNZB.

She's such an amazing talent. I wish her all the best.

Well, thr director is also tall, and shown beautifully in Balanchine roles, and danced well into her 40’s. Vera should get some great “tall girl” roles. 

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Barker may be tall but her tenure has not been a bed of roses thus far. Hopefully, Part’s hiring will be seen as a positive by the many complainers, including the remaining veteran dancers in the RNZB.

https://www.dancemagazine.com/patricia-barker-royal-zealand-rumors-2521861219.html

Very interesting article, CharlieH. The old ABT issue of ingrown talent vs outside hirings seems to weigh in this case. I hope Part doesn't get to be seen as one of those who , according to some views, come from the outside to steal spots more deserving of local talent. I wish her luck.

I'm afraid that this may not be a very peaceful appointment -- there's already been a hullabaloo about hiring since Barker took over the directorship.

That is wonderful news!  Very smart move, Ms. Barker.

Very Happy for Veronika!

Big adventures all around.

Yes, very good news.

New Zealand is a long way away. I hope that they tour. Otherwise, I've heard that New Zealand is extremely beautiful, well worth a visit.

New Zealand is gorgeous.  The two islands are very different, and both worth seeing.

“Renowned dancer, Veronika Part, also joins the cast of over twenty dancers from around the world.”  I’ve seen Veronika Part given some rather bad roles, but this one remains an unknown.

The entire email announcement from the Segerstom Theater, Costa Mesa, California.

“The remarkable life of modern dance revolutionary Isadora Duncan is truly one for the stage. A California native, she left America in the late 1890s to find great acclaim in Europe and Russia as her new dance vocabulary enraptured audiences.

“Royal Ballet principal dancer, Natalia Osipova, stars in the dramatic title role. “Osipova has become a startlingly singular artist,” praised The New York Times. Renowned dancer, Veronika Part, also joins the cast of over twenty dancers from around the world. This new work will offer choreography by Vladimir Varnava of the Mariinsky Theatre and will be set to Sergei Prokofiev’s Cinderella, performed by the Mikhailovsky Orchestra of St. Petersburg.”