This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ballet shoes, and other trivial stuff

Cojocaru has severe bunions, the reason for the very wide box on her shoes.

Yes.... And Alina's foot size, length-wise, is also quite large for such a small dancer. I should have been clearer.... it's not just the width being large that can greatly excel a dancer with technique.

Cojocaru has severe bunions, the reason for the very wide box on her shoes.

Yes.... And Alina's foot size, length-wise, is also quite large for such a small dancer. I should have been clearer.... it's not just the width being large that can greatly excel a dancer with technique.

It's a shame. Her shoes/feet can be quite distracting, and she is such a gorgeous dancer.

I recently saw Alina Cojacaru dance at the Royal Ballet and was not distracted at all by her shoes. I was just glad she is still dancing so well.

I'll notice the feet/shoes at first, then very quickly care less as Alina's dancing is always so gorgeously in full bloom.

Alina's Bloch Serenade's (D) are so severely worn, that the size is obliterated. But definitely shorter than size 5, just slightly longer than Ferri's size 3. One has a little slice in the side, as if for bunion relief?

Regarding Alexandrova in Pharaoh's Daughter, in (canbelto's) photo of her as Ramze, the character is made up to look as if she were a person of color (not the only possibly politically incorrect aspect of the production), while I think carbro's comment refers to her portrayal of Aspicia.