This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Dance Connecticut

I've been touring Trinity College and the tour guides have been bragging about the great internships available with the Hartford Ballet. I don't know why they call it that since they weren't even at the college when the Hartford Ballet still existed, but I assumed they meant that there were still internships available with what had come out of Hartford Ballet, Dance Connecticut. I searched on this board and there haven't been any posts about it for over a year, and even those posts were saying how it wasn't doing very well at all, is it gone?

Hi, I do not know why they would mention Hartford Ballet or Dance Connecticut seeing as though HB has been long gone since they got rid of Kirk Peterson [bad, bad move on their part. Lucky ABT =)], and DC went bankrupt a little more then a year ago. I go to the school which used to be SHB and SDC. It was taken over by the Hartt School's Community Division. If you are looking for dance, I would suggest looking into the University of Hartford, seeing as though that's the closest connection to the school because.. it is the school. If you have any questions about the school we can start a thread on the Ballet Talk for Dancers boards.

-Liz

BalletTalk has many smart and informed members, but perhaps there are some who haven't yet found us.

See what I mean? A new poster with some very important information!

Welcome aboard, msfifiroxsox! I'm sure you've saved SABgurlie a lot of confusion! BT for Dancers is really the best forum for this discussion -- the doers' (including administrators') forum. I'm going to close this thread.

Happy to have you on this side, msfifiroxsox! Please pop over to the Welcome Page and introduce yourself, what you've been seeing lately, when you fell in love (assuming you did :) ) with ballet -- anything you think might help us get to know you.