This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Dance Spirit or Dance Magazine

Guest alliecat93

Guest alliecat93

I think this is where this topic should go, but feel free to delete it if I'm out of place. My question is, which of the two above mentioned dance magazines would you recomend. Which has better articles in your opinion. The reason I ask is because I'm going to subscribe to one, but I can't decide which. by the way I'm 14 (if that would have any impact on which I would like better)

Hi, alliecat. It's fine to put this topic here.

I've never seen Dance Spirit, so maybe others can speak to that.

Dance Magazine is a general dance mag. It covers ballet, modern, jazz, show dancing, all kinds. It has news and reviews, and features, often including previews of new ballets, interviews with stars, etc.

There's also Pointe Magazine which seems very popular among young dance students and has lots of photos.

All of these magazines have web sites. Why not check them out? There will probably be tables of contents, sample articles, etc., and you can get an idea of the magazine's style.

www.dancemagazine.com

www.dancespirit.com

www.pointemagazine.com

Dance spirit is a bit wider in range than most of the heavy on ballet magazines and, to me, geared more towards those in high shool and younger who are in dance schools (tap, jazz etc..). There seems to be a lot on classes, competition and equipment. I guess once a month they do a story on a professional dancer, be it broadway, modern dance, music video or ballet.