This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Family business

I wanted to let you all know that Ari has decided to withdraw from the board for at least a time for personal considerations. She did not want to make a post, but I didn't want her to just disappear. Ari and Helene have done a terrific job in very difficult circumstances -- taking over the board on short notice -- and I'm very grateful to Ari for her part in making things run so smoothly.

Helene (who had been postiing as Hockeyfan228 but is now posting under her real name) will continue as a director, and because it's summer and I have a light teaching load, I will be around more to advise if I'm needed -- from the looks of things, I don't think I'll be kept very busy doing that, but I'm here :lightbulb:

We've asked dirac, who originated our Links forum, if she would take over the Links posting again, and she has agreed -- :FIREdevil: She is on the west coast, though, and at least at the beginning, she may be posting them a bit later than we're used to. Patience :blush:

Amy, I'm glad you posted that. I've been the substitute Links person from time to time, and it's a real job. It takes a long time to do, and Ari did it day in and day out for years, and did a magificent, thorough job. (Not forgetting to thank Mme. Hermine, who took over doing Links on weekends awhile back!) One could make a case that Links was the most important service this site provided, and they don't go up by themselves!

Every morning, I look forward to sitting down in front of my laptop with a steaming hot mug of coffee and scrolling through all the new board posts and ballet articles, so I would like to say a big thank you to Ari - you've saved me from countless hours of searching the web for dance articles every day. Thanks to your hard work (and that of everyone else who posts to the 'Links' section), I have been kept up-to-date with news from all of my favorite dance companies, and have grown increasingly well-informed about those I previously knew nothing about. I wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors. :)

P.S. I would also like to thank dirac, for so graciously agreeing to take charge of the 'Links' section. :D

I certainly did not mean to slight Mme. Hermine. She, too, has my gratitude and appreciation. :) I'm sure there's many a Saturday or Sunday morning when she'd rather sleep in that log on. I'd hand her a nice cuppa, but I haven't found the software to up- and download solid materials.

I want to add my thanks all round as well. I was talking with a colleague about a web project we're involved in, and I kept saying "it's just like the links on Ballet Talk" -- taking for granted this extremely useful and entertaining service. This has become a standard part of the day for me, and for many, many other people, and we are all very grateful.