This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2005-6 Season and Subscription Brochure OBT

Helene

OBT's new subscription brochure has some really great photos, with listings of the photographers, but no dancer identifications. I don't know the dancers well enough to pick them out from the photos :tiphat: But the cover has an Odette in mid-jete, with a background of the river and city center lit up at night. Inside, there are two dancers prancing around a tree in Julia Adam's Angelo, a couple in Who Cares? posing on what seems to be the base of a street lamp, with a city street behind, a couple from Concerto Six Twenty-two on the balcony landing of one of the theaters, and Odette and a group of swans posing in front of a lake. The idea is the same as some of the first "artsy" NYCB brochures, but they aren't as self-conscious as the latest iterations.

The 2005-6 season is as follows:

Fall Program (7-16 Oct, Newmark Theater):

World Premiere, Christopher Stowell (first piece for Newmark Theatre)

In the Night (Robbins)

Angelo (Adam)

Nutcracker 9-24 Dec, Keller Auditorium)

(Balanchine)

Winter Program (18-25 Feb, Keller Auditorium)

World Premiere, Trey McIntyre

Saint-Saens Piano Ballet for PNB by C. Stowell (company premiere)

Who Cares? (Balanchine, company premiere)

Spring Program (22-29 Apr, Keller Auditorium)

Divertimento No. 15 (Balanchine*)

World Premiere, Kudelka

Concerto Six Twenty-Two (Lubovitch*)

Swan Lake (9-11 Jun, Keller Auditorium)

(C. Stowell after Petipa)

*I don't know whether these are company premieres.

The Spring Program is part of the 250th Birthday Celebration for Mozart, and the brochure publicizes three other performances that are part of "Portland's Month of Mozart."

I think I can provide some helpful answers Helene. The Swan on the cover is Alison Roper. The pair frolicking around the tree are Karl Vakilli and Yuka Iino. Iino is also the Odette near the lake with the Swan corps. And Gavin Larson and Artur Sultanov are the Who Cares? couple. Looks like an exciting season. But don't forget, there are still upcoming shows this season at the Newmark Theatre. (May 13-28) And I am looking forward to the always interesting dance talk on Monday, May 9th.