This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Star Alert

Due to varoius injuries Kristoffer Sakurai had had a lot of dancing lately, and it is so becoming. He is really coming in to his own now and look poised for stardom. For several season ha has been in-between/promising, but now he is flourishing. His dancing has allways had a fine phycicality, he really dances in three dimentions, but now his presense and technique is blossoming. As Gennaro his is sweet and timid (could be more agressive) but everything he does registers. He partnered Tina Højlund, who is a fine dramatic Teresina, lucky to have her back on the stage again. We got the full star treatment in the pas de six whichlived up to my two rules. Cast tall dancers and cast stars. Thhe pas de six countreract all ideas about Bournonville not being suited for tall dancers. It look best on a tall cast. And the greater dancers the more regal the piece it. With a cast of Schandorff, Lindstrøm, Cavallo and Bojesen (no solo) and Bowman and Blangstrup (no solo) it looked like a royal visit and they all danced beautiful. Cavollo was wery impressive in first solo (which is often hander to lesser dancers) and proved what a gem it really is when danced well. Schandorff danced one of her best performances of the last solo. She was so good that we instinctly bought tickets for La Conservatoria and Life Guard to enjoy her Louise - and enjoyed we did. I do not know what is the matter with Massot, because he is on stage, but he only dancews fragments of his role, leaving the pas de trois to Sakurai. Together with the pas de trois in lifeguard, he got his dancecard full, but was brilliant and more virtuoso than ever seen before. Id he keeps up this trend and stays free of injury he could and should become principal soon.

I would like to add something to Effys remark of the star cast of the pas de six, yes it was fantastic to see and it really made a huge difference , not that the other casts are equally good but it just gave another dimension to the final act.

Regarding Schandorff , i must agree she is really becoming the companys senior super ballerinA and i must say that she shines.

About Sakurai yes he also is at a good point now and i hope he stays there, i must say that Sokolowska to is dancing very nice and that one could hope a promotion soon will come for her.

fan - Who is Ms. Sokolowska? Could you tell us a bit more about her? I don't remember that name from the Royal Danish Ballet's last Wash, DC appearance, a year-and-a-half ago. Could you describe her in conparison to Yao Wei, who was my shining female light from the DC engagement?

Effy - You can count me as another "Sakuraimaniac"! Glad to read that he continues to progress.

Natalia

Isabella Sokolowska has been with the company for a nuber of years. Hailed originally as a great talent and a great beauty in The Lesson (doubling Bojesen), but have been away much, premumed injured. This season she has gotten a number of roles, mainly Bournonville, including the dominant farming girl and Eliza in La Conservatorie and one of the girls in Fancy Free. I myself is not too impressed, she seems to have gone a bit stale and she did not look like ballerina material as eliza. You could not tell the soloist apar from the corps. Maybe it is a similar case to dancers like Niels Balle and Sasha Haugland, talented youth who because of injuries never catches the train. One of the reason for my admiration of the great Mette-Ida Kirk, an immense talented but often injured dancer was her ability to come back after each injury on top of her game. But few seems to have that ability

Izabela Sokolowska is born in 1984 and educated in her nativ Gdansk. You can read biografies with pictures in Danish on www.kgl-teater.dk click ballet click cvs, Here you can choose solodansere (principal) karakterdanser (mimes), soloists, Korps damer (corps ladies) Corps Herrer (corps men) aspirants