This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Patrick Corbin on A&E

From an e-mail sent by A&E:

Patrick Corbin of the Paul Taylor Dance Company is scheduled to appear on the weekly A&E show, Breakfast With The Arts, this Sunday morning, March 13 between 9 and 11am.  Patrick’s 20-minute segment is scheduled to be broadcast at the beginning of the 10am hour.  We hope you’ll have a chance to tune in.  Meanwhile, the Season of Solid Gold is continuing at City Center.  Clive Barnes in the New York Post writes, “This 50th birthday season is a rich abundance of choreography [and] a season no dance lover can afford to miss.”  You still have the chance to see 17 Taylor classics and Mr. Taylor’s newest works, Dante Variations and Klezmerbluegrass.  For tickets, visit the City Center box office… call CityTix, 212.581.1212… or log on to www.nycitycenter.org.

Thanks for postiing that -- I didn't realize that the show had moved to 9, an almost civilized hour :D

I remember Corbin as a young teen (14, 15) doing the Prince in Washington Ballet's "The Nutcracker," and patiently, kindly, standing in the downstairs lobby at Lisner Auditorium every intermission, in his tights, signing autographs for little kids. And now he's a senior Paul Taylor dancer.

This also is the episode featuring NYCB's Albert Evans. The show's "Arts" offering is a Santana concert. I love Santana but I thought, given the dance focus of the guests, that a dance show would be shown but it seems that sort of thing is impossible in the United States these days. Oh well, I'll be thankful for Corbin and Evans.