This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

V Part

I adore Part, but in all likelihood she will not be able to get through Ballet Imperial. They have may have cast her simply so she will get the chance to rehearse it and work on speed. I doubt she will really do it on stage. Of course Meunier should have gotten the chance. Meunier's pas de trois in Ballet Imperial was sensational. At least Meunier and Liceica are getting multiple performances of the pas de trois. Each was divine in it last year.

I agree with you, of course she would be worth seeing in it, or anything, for that matter. But when casting is as unlikely as this it has a bit of a provisional flavor about it; the management knows it can always switch the casting if it looks like it isn't going to work out. Remember we're talking three and four months from now.

We shall see!

It is a surprise. I would have loved to see Meunier in it (thank God she's cast in the ballet at all now). However, Part strikes me as a dancer who will not embarrass herself on stage. I think she's going to work like a demon and we're going to be surprised (in a good way) at the outcome.

I was just checking ABT’s calendar and noticed some interesting casting....

In Cleveland Kent & Carreno have the opening night SL (Thurs night) but then Part & Gomes dance Friday night with Murphy/Stiefel doing the Sat matinee!

In NY, in addition to the performances already mentioned Part is cast with Acosta in Polovtsian dances (6/17 & 6/20). I don’t care how silly this staging is, that will be something to see!

Looks like they’re finally starting to give her some high profile scheduling this year. It’s about time!