This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT STUDIO COMPANY

I know that Studio Company is touring this week in New York state, I think Rochester and another location. Their performances will include Peter Quanz's "Spring Scape", Jessica Lang's "Oblivion", Brian Reeder's "Tea and Temptation" and the pas de deux from Laura Gorenstein Miller's "Milk Pool."

If you go to the ABT Studio CO. Performances site, they have information that is a year old! LOL, sorry about that, no wonder it looked familiar. Their dates for the Skirball are so similar.

As far as I know, the Associate Program (now The Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis School at American Ballet Theatre) has only ever had a performance in the ABT studios.

t

Edited by PAmom

BalletGirl...Here is a tentative schedule of the Studio Company tour:

Sept 30 performance in Rochester, N.Y.

Oct. 2, performance in Buffalo, N.Y.

Oct. 13, at Lincoln Center

Oct. 29, University of Southern Maine

Dec. 3 and 4, Skirball Center in N.Y.

Dec. 10 and 11, Mt. Holyoke, Mass.

Jan. 29, Sanibel, Florida

Feb. 14, Royal Ballet School exchange at Skirball Center in N.Y.

March 11, Colorado Springs, Colorado

March 28, Royal Ballet School exchange in London

April 16, Choate Rosemary Hall, Connecticut

April 20, 21, Lincoln Center

If you need more specifics about theatres I'd be happy to e-mail you. This schedule is all tentative but it's all I have at the moment! Tango :(

This may be old news, but The Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis School at American Ballet Theatre is slated to perform a piece with Studio Company April 20, 2005 @ Jazz at Lincoln Center. The piece is being choreographed by Jessica Lang.

I know that Studio Company is touring this week in New York state, I think Rochester and another location. Their performances will include Peter Quanz's "Spring Scape", Jessica Lang's "Oblivion", Brian Reeder's "Tea and Temptation" and the pas de deux from Laura Gorenstein Miller's "Milk Pool."

If you go to the ABT Studio CO. Performances site, they have information that is a year old! LOL, sorry about that, no wonder it looked familiar. Their dates for the Skirball are so similar.

As far as I know, the Associate Program (now The Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis School at American Ballet Theatre) has only ever had a performance in the ABT studios.

t

The ABT Studio Company is currently having a Nutcracker Season in the LA area.

They constitute the professional base of Ethan Stiefel's Ballet Pacifica, while Mr. Stiefel prepares to launch his "new" company in mid-2006. Former ABT dancer Brian Reeder produced their version of the Nutcracker. On opening night the already highly acclaimed Leann Underwood was the Sugar Plum Fairy, and her Cavalier was Eric Tamm. A review by Laura Bleiberg in today's Orange County Register of the opening night performance reports:

"Underwood, only 16, possessed special poise and willowy, expressive arms. She connected all the steps and gestures of this well-known dance with a freshness that made it feel like an inevitable response to the music, rather than an athletic test with which to impress us. Like Underwood, Tamm also is blessed with natural physical ability, but he used it to serve his partner, the ballet and the music rather than as a way to win applause."

The full review, which includes a photo of the lead couple, may may be found by clicking

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/enter...icle_885197.php

Later this season ABT dancers Stella Abrera and Sascha Radetsky will guest star in the lead roles. Gillian Murphy is expected to join the company next Fall. Ballet Pacifica has its own thread under Other American Ballet Companies.

Hi, megdance. The Studio Company is an intensive program for twelve pre-professional dancers aged 16-20. Some participate for one year, some for two, before going on to their careers. There's a page devoted to it at ABTorg..

For information about auditioning, you should inquire on BalletTalk for Dancers, our sister site. We are audience oriented, but the discussion on the Dancers' board is heavily oriented towards dancers and their many concerns -- opposite sides of the footlights, if you will. I'm sure you'll like it there! You'll have to register there separately, and when (if) you do, please keep the same screen name.

Meanwhile, I'm happy to welcome you to BalletTalk -- just plain BalletTalk :wink: -- and I hope you'll find a moment to visit our Welcome Page and tell us a little about yourself!