Sign in to follow this  
rg

Afshin Mofid

here is publicity shot from the TCHAIKOVSKY FESTIVAL for p. martins's CAPRICCIO ITALIEN:

post-11-1095969748.jpg

cropped long-shot from TCHAIKOVSKY FESTIVAL promotion showing balanchine's TEMPO DI VALSE - GARLAND DANCE FROM THE SLEEPING BEAUTY

Mofid is to the right of center

post-11-1095969990.jpg

i know there are some very good pictures of AM in 'faun' but i cannot locate one at the moment.

Thanks, rg! These revivify some of my fading memories. What a treat!

i know there are some very good pictures of AM in 'faun' but i cannot locate one at the moment.

I remember him in "Faun," vividly! He was animal-like in his interpretation, not wild, but stealthly, like a cat. I am very glad to have "tripped" over this thread.

The video of Afshin and Suzanne in "Faun" used to be up on YouTube - it's been removed and how I would love to see it again.  It's the most beautiful ballet performance I've ever seen.  

On 6/14/2018 at 3:35 AM, mira said:

The video of Afshin and Suzanne in "Faun" used to be up on YouTube - it's been removed and how I would love to see it again.  It's the most beautiful ballet performance I've ever seen.  

Sorry to hear that. I remember looking at it when it was still available. i recall that Suzanne looked a little old for him, even at a distance, but it was still a beautiful performance.

Sign in to follow this