This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Australian Ballet announces 2005 season

It's up on their website.

Not included are two overseas tours, one to Copenhagen doing Meryl Tankard's Wild Swans and also to London/Cardiff for Graeme Murphy's Swan Lake in July. Murphy's Swan Lake will also be performed in Brisbane in February.

There's a Bournonville evening (Erik Bruhn's production of Sylphide, along with Konservatoriet, Flower Festival and a Tarantella that was done by a local choreographer inspired by Bournonville). There's also an "All-White" evening - Bayadere, Suite en Blanc and a new work by their RC Adrian Burnett, as well as a new Sleeping Beauty staged by Stanton Welch.

Comments from the Australians on the new season?

Sorry this is such a late reply. I've been so busy with the end of school, and end of year concerts.

I will be going to see 'Sleeping Beauty' when it is in Adelaide. (I've already got the tickets, they came out nearly straight away, which is a bit suprising) I'm looking foward to it. I've never seen 'Sleeping Beauty' so I hope it will be good. I like Stanton Welch's work so I think it will be. It sound's like the story line will be changed slightly - with Aurora fighting the evils of light and darkness. I'll try and find my Dance Australia mag with this information.

I'm also looking forward to 'White', if I can make it to Melbourne (I'm completing my final year of school, so I'm not sure how it will go..) I love 'Suite en Blanc'. I'm curious to see Adrian Burnett's work, not having the chance to see 'Red Hot and New' (I really must move to Melbourne or Sydney..) I've read mixed reviews for him, and would love to form my own opinion soon.

I wish I could get to see 'La Sylphide' Lisa Bolte is returning to play the main character, and I never got to see her dance live. It seems I picked the wrong year to start ballet (I started in 2003, and dancers such as Lisa, and Justine all retired before that..)