This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Recent Ballet Faux Pas

This isn't quite something that happened on stage.

In February this year, Birmingham Royal Ballet performed Hobson's Choice in their home theatre. I was in the front row of the stalls, sitting directly behind the conductor. In the scene where Will and Maggie are celebrating their wedding, Maggie throws her bouquet into the audience. At the performance in question the bouquet wasn't flying very far and the conductor (while still conducting!) put up his hand and caught it. He then threw it over his shoulder and it hit me full in the face! After the shock...... well I have laughed over it many times since. The bouquet stayed fresh for ages and looked lovely at home. The previous evening the bouquet landed between my friend and another chum, who insisted that my friend kept it.

This isn't quite something that happened on stage.

In February this year, Birmingham Royal Ballet performed Hobson's Choice in their home theatre. I was in the front row of the stalls, sitting directly behind the conductor. In the scene where Will and Maggie are celebrating their wedding, Maggie throws her bouquet into the audience. At the performance in question the bouquet wasn't flying very far and the conductor (while still conducting!) put up his hand and caught it. He then threw it over his shoulder and it hit me full in the face! After the shock...... well I have laughed over it many times since. The bouquet stayed fresh for ages and looked lovely at home. The previous evening the bouquet landed between my friend and another chum, who insisted that my friend kept it.

Hobson's Choice is a WONDERFUL ballet. I think it's about Bently's best work.