This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2004-2005 season for French companies and theaters

The 2004-2005 season of the Ballet de Toulouse has been announced on its web site:

- a "Homage to Balanchine" with "Theme and variations", "Apollon musagète" and "Slaughter on 10th avenue", in october.

- "The Nutcracker" (production by Michel Rahn) in december.

- a triple bill with Nils Christe's "Sync", Luca Tozzi's "La jeune fille et la mort" and Jiri Kylian's "Sinfonietta" in february.

- "Giselle" (production by Nanette Glushak) in june.

The ballet will also perform in Offenbach's "La vie parisienne" in december, and in a "Gala d'opérettes" in june.

All the programs, except the modern mixed bill, will be with the Orchestre national du Capitole. The 2002-2003 season had been a reduced season, because of some renovation works at the Théâtre du Capitole.

I think that the Ballet de Toulouse has by far the largest Balanchine repertory among the French companies except POB, having also performed "Allegro brillante", "Rubies", "The Prodigal Son", "Liebeslieder Walzer", "Raymonda Variations", "Square Dance", "Scotch Symphony", "Tarantella pas de deux", "Who cares ?", and "Stars and Stripes" (I think the three works in the triple bill are new in the company's repertory, but I'm not sure). I wish they had toured more, as many of those works aren't in the POB repertory, or haven't been performed there for decades.

http://www.theatre-du-capitole.org

The Massy Opera (near Paris) has just published the program for its 2004-2005 season.

The dance season will include:

-a program by young dancers "Europa danse" (directed by Jean-Albert Cartier), with works by Bigonzetti, Kylian, Ek, Duato and Naharin (does that sound familiar? :grinning:)

-the Aterballetto company, with a triple bill of works by Bigonzetti

-a group of POB dancers with Manuel Legris and Aurelie Dupont, with Balanchine's "Who Cares" and "Allegro Brillante", Jiri Kylian's "Petite mort", Rudi Van Dantzig's "Moments shared" and Renato Zanella's "Angel"

-a new work by Blanca Li, performed by her company

I've just received the season brochure for the Bordeaux Opera, and here's the program for the 2004-2005 season of the Ballet de Bordeaux (poorer than the previous one, it seems):

-"Coppélia" (Charles Jude's production): 14 performances between Dec 15th and 31st

-"Swan Lake" (Charles Jude's production): 9 performances between Mar 15th and 24th

-a new work: "The Messiah" (on Haendel's music, by the Argentitian choreographer Mauricio Wainrot): 6 performances between June 21st and 26th.

The program of guest companies will be announced only later.

The 2004-2005 season for the Maison de la Danse of Lyon is available on their web site:

http://www.maisondeladanse.com/New_version...04_05/frame.htm

As usual, there's mostly some modern dance, but here are the few ballet programs of the season (well, more or less ballet):

-Sept 14-18: a triple bill of Mauro Bigonzetti works (Vespro, Les Noces, Cantata) by the Aterballetto company

-Sept 20-24: the Ballett Mainz in Martin Schläpfter's "L'art de la fugue" (actually, I don't know if it's a ballet or modern work)

-Oct 13-17: some NYCB dancers in "Danses concertantes", a program organized by Alexander Meinertz and Benjamin Millepied, in Robbins' "In the Night" and "Suite of dances" and two works by Millepied

-Dec 1-8: Alonzo King's Lines Ballet (in King's "Koto" and "Who dressed you like a foreigner)

-Mar 23- Apr 3: the Béjart Ballet Lausanne in "Bhakti" (1968), "Wien, Wien, nur Du allein" (1982), "Serait-ce la mort?" (1970) and "K 538" (2003) (sounds like an Indian- Austrian program :wink: )

-May 3-6: the young dancers of the Lyon Conservatoire