This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

BalletMet is coming to New York

I copied all of the following information right off of our website.

It's such an honor for us to be chosen.

I've watched the company my parents founded grow from a handful of dancers to the amazingly talented bunch we have today.

This is a proud moment for me.

I hope many of you will come to see us at The Joyce.

Clara :)

BALLETMET DEBUTS AT THE JOYCE THEATER

Mark your calendar and join us for this historic BalletMet event!

BalletMet heads to The Joyce Theater, New York City's premier dance venue, for an exhilarating one-week engagement of contemporary dance. One of only 18 companies selected from an international field of 66 applicants, BalletMet is honored by the invitation and plans a whirlwind week of electrifying dance and invigorating special events.

May 25, 2004, 8 p.m.

May 26, 2004, 8 p.m.

May 27, 2004, 8 p.m.

May 28, 2004, 8 p.m.

May 29, 2004, 2 p.m. & 8 p.m.

May 30, 2004, 2 p.m.

The Joyce Theater

175 Eighth Ave. (at the corner of 19th Street)

New York City

The company's debut at the storied theater will feature Deanna Carter's Colores de Alma, which had its world premiere with BalletMet in February; Gazebo Dances, which James Kudelka created on the company in 2003; and a segment of Stanton Welch's amazing new Evolution: Mozart to Moby, which BalletMet will debut April 29-May 9, 2004, in Columbus' Capitol Theatre.

In the course of its 46-week season, The Joyce Theater presents a diverse slate of companies such as Twyla Tharp Dance, MOMIX, the Martha Graham Dance Company, and Pilobolus.

"BalletMet's selection to perform at The Joyce Theater recognizes the company's excellent artistic quality and places it among the best dance companies in the United States,"

- Wayne Lawson, Executive Director of the Ohio Arts Council

Tickets are $38; to order them, call 212.242.0800 or visit www.joyce.org.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CELEBRATE BALLETMET'S MANHATTAN DEBUT

AT TWO ADDITIONAL SPECIAL EVENTS...

New York! New York! Gala for BalletMet Opening Night Post-Performance Party

What

Live music, food and drinks,

plus a special performance by Columbus' own Broadway star, Jessica Grove

When

Friday, May 28, 2004,

following the performance

Where

Tavern on the Green

(in the Rafters Room and Garden)

Tickets are $250 per person.

What

Join BalletMet’s sponsors, dancers and artistic staff for a festive reception, including champagne and hors d’oeuvres, after the show! Everyone is always excited on opening night—join in the fun!

When

Tuesday, May 25

Where

The Joyce Theater

Tickets are $25.

Please call Rebecca Arneson at 614.229.4860 ext. 171 to make reservations. BalletMet

"The Joyce Theater is America's premier presenter of dance.

The time has come for BalletMet to assert its rightful position as one of America's finest and most creative dance companies."

--Ray Hanley, President of the Greater Columbus Arts Counci

I posted a link in the "Links" section of BalletTalk to the Cleveland Plain Dealer and Wilma Salisbury's review of "Evolution: Mozart To Moby" if any of you are interested.

She didn't particularly care for it!

Clara :)