This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Biography of Lynn Seymour?

Wonder if there is a biography or autobiography of Lynn Seymour. I am too young to have seen her dance, but I have seen tapes of her, and read about her which has piqued my curiosity. She seems to me an out of the ordinary, very interesting dancer

Thank you

Silvy

It was called "Lynn" and subtitled, "the autobiography of Lynn Seymour." It was very candid, and I loved it.

I remember trying to order one from the ballet bookstore on Broadway, right around the corner from Lincoln Center, soon after it was published in the 80's by a British publisher. After months of hearing nothing, I walked into the shop one day, and there was a copy on the shelf. I took it up to the cash register, only to have the bookstore owner snatch it out of my hands, hug it close to himself, and tell me, "This copy is reserved for someone else."

Luckily, it's available through Alibris, and you don't have to be favored by a territorial bookstore owner :)