This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Sad story

Guest balletstory

Guest balletstory

I am looking for a ballerina. She was a member of the New York City Ballet in the earlier part of this century, probably before the 1950's. Her name was Colleen, I do not know her last name. She lived with her family in a very upscale place, probably on Park Avenue. She had at least one brother. There were also servants in the household.

She loved dancing more than absolutely anthing else in her life and it showed. The most important thing to her was dancing. When she danced, she was on air, dancing with the angels, dancing for God, and inwardly never felt freer or more fullfilled. She did not understand why others in her life did not understand her dedication to this. She knew little of what was happening around her, save the ballet. She learned self-discipline, fortitude and strength, yet there were many lessons she had not learned. Her personal relationships were sacrificed. She let the love of many lifetimes slip away from her.

I am looking for pictures or a roster from that time period. I would appreciate any help or direction provided.

Thank you, and God Bless.

Balletstory -

I understand this story must be very affecting to you. If you'd like a bit more help, I would suggest contacting New York City Ballet (www.nycballet.com) directly and doing some research, but you're going to have to have a few more concrete facts to give them, although the first name should narrow things down somewhat. Please also note that New York City Ballet was formed in 1948, though there were organizations such as Ballet Society that were its direct successor. You may want to do a bit more research as to the basic facts of this person's life and identity.

Good luck in your search.