This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Aurélie Dupont - "In the night"???

Sonja

Hi Sonja,

I saw Dupont in "In the Night" atthe Paris Opera in February. I had posted a review about that performance, but probably it was too long ago and hasn't been kept on the site... If your're interested, you can email me at: Estelle.Souche@cmi.univ-mrs.fr.

She danced the third pas de deux, with Wilfried Romoli. I had been used to see dancers in their late 30s in that role (Vayer, Guerin, Arbo...) and so it was a bit unusual to see Dupont (who is 28) in that role, but the age contrast between her and Romoli (who is 39 or 40) added an interesting dimension to the pas de deux, and she was very good, especially on the second time I saw her. Have you already seen her? She is the youngest POB principal, and I think she has improved quite a lot on the acting side since her promotion (being a very strong technician from the start).

I hope that you'll post your impressions about that program, it really sounds interesting.

Just a note. I haven't taken off reviews -- at least, not many. Use the pull down slide at the top right of the board to expose all the posts on the Reviews forum.

TO ALL: Remember, there's more here than what you see. You can find previous posts by using the method above -- and please feel free to make any of them active if the discussion interests you, no matter how old they are. There's a lot in the Archives, too.

Back to Mlle. Dupont.

Hi Estelle (and Alexandra),

thanks for replying! Aurélie Dupond again danced the 3rd pas de deux, and I was also imressed by her acting - I had only seen her once before in a gala (Diana et Acteon pdd) and in "Sleeping Beauty" on video so really don't know much about her, and it was a nice surprise!

I will try to post a "decent" review of the whole evening later!