This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Russian Nights

I just arrived home in New Jersey after spending a week in Seattle. Russian Nights was fabulous. This company performs brilliantly !! I was fortunate to attend on two evenings and was thrilled each time. The choice of ballets were excellent and had the audience wanting the evening not to end!! They are all wonderful dancers..from the corp to Principals!!! In a world filled with scary happenings....the ballet gave me an escape from reality, filled with admiration, and appreciation of this wonderful art gift.

Thursday evening...February 6th...I attended the ballet. The anticipation was in the air. Many of the diverse audience appeared excited.No one could have been dissapointed because this company delivers the finest technique and heart from each dancers soul!! The evening began with PAQUITA. As the curtain opened...the girls were beautiful in their tutu's and tiaras. You could hear gasps as Patricia Barker made her entrance in her sparkling white tutu dazzling the audience like a brilliant diamond. Batkhurel Bold looked dashing and partnered Patricia attentively..soaring through the air...with ease and gentle landings. I'm sure he will soon be promoted to Principal !!

The Pas de Trois was outstanding...all three were technical and at the same time...magical...with musicality..dancing as if Petipa had created this for them alone!! The variations too were inspiring!! Carrie Imler demonstrated her special high leaps!! Again...you heard the audience gasp and applaud!! The music is still in my head...the orchestra was wonderful.At the bow Bold held Patricia's hand and kissed it, while smiling at her...leaving the audience with a warmth and satiety. After the intermission was TCHAIKOVSKY PAS DE DEUX. Balanchine would have been very proud to see his work by these talented dancers. Jodie Thomas has that something special in all her emotions and Le Yin

executes his dancing with ease. After a pause...ESMERALDA PAS DE DEUX hit the stage!! It was colorful and vibrant!! Noelani Pantastico is a doll!! She is so beautiful..it's hard to take your eyes off of her.Spirited and full of energy...her partner, Astrit Zejnati was a delight!! He not only captured the technique but the character of who he is in this ballet. Bravo to them!! This was one of my favorites!!Having Principal dancers Kaori Nakamura and Olivier Wevers STAGE this ballet...was evident in this outstanding performance!! How fortunate that this ballet company has so much talent and that they are willing to help each other to be the very best. This company always amazes me...they are all so caring!You don't always find that in companies...but here it is "natural". The evening ended with THEME AND VARIATIONS. Carrie Imler was the standout star here. She is truly amazing in her skills . Last year mid season she was promoted to Principal and when you gaze at her onstage you know why!!Jeffrey Stanton partnered her with strength and tender care for his ballerina. He is an excellent partner...knowing he is so caring makes this extremely difficult ballet appear effortless. At the end of the evening everyone must have felt that exciting glow within that I can't describe in words. So...you'll just have to go see this AMAZING company perform live!!! I'll be back out next month..I can't ever miss any rep!! Such joy...such joy!!!:(