This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Xiomara Reyes

Medora

I saw Xiomara and her husband in the lobby at intermission at today's Bayadere matinee. I have to say I was very surprised. After the things she said to the press about her retirement, I never thought I'd see her at any ABT performances again, except maybe Julie's farewell.

I saw Xiomara and her husband in the lobby at intermission at today's Bayadere matinee. I have to say I was very surprised. After the things she said to the press about her retirement, I never thought I'd see her at any ABT performances again, except maybe Julie's farewell.

It's the management she had a problem with, not the dancers. I got the sense she was quite beloved by her fellow dancers and she returned that sentiment. She would be there to support her former colleagues not McKenzie.

Im hoping that maybe, just maybe, she'll want to visit her friend Angel in Philly and come guest next year. That would be awesome!

Really, that whole pas de trois is fantastic. I was very impressed with Erica Cornejo as well. I've never seen her dance live, but if she's a principal at Boston, she's obviously done pretty well after leaving ABT.

Hi Kaysta! I'm finally getting to BA to post a few thoughts. Regarding a stint at Pennsylvania Ballet, how great would that be!! I find Xiomara's dancing to be incandescent - that's the word I was searching for when I posted June 5. And yes that pas de trois is lovely. The Cornejo siblings indeed dance beautifully, as well. Sigh.... missing Ms. Reyes very much. So hope she'll guest!!!

bingham

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:20 AM

ABT corps member, Paulina Waski ( with Cameron Mccune another corp member) danced Giselle for the first time in a " Studio to Stage" production at the Hartt school in Conn. This was staged and coached by Xiomara Reyes and Rinat Imaev. There are clips in Paulina's Facebook which showed a very promising debut. Xiomara did very well in staging and coaching .She should be added to the coaches/teachers at ABT

Hi Kaysta! I'm finally getting to BA to post a few thoughts. Regarding a stint at Pennsylvania Ballet, how great would that be!! I find Xiomara's dancing to be incandescent - that's the word I was searching for when I posted June 5. And yes that pas de trois is lovely. The Cornejo siblings indeed dance beautifully, as well. Sigh.... missing Ms. Reyes very much. So hope she'll guest!!!

On a thread bingham started for dancer, Paulina Waski, seems to me Xiomara might be pursuing a director's role? Just wishful thinking ... the next AD for the company? flowers.gif I will miss her on the Met stage so it would be nice to see her direct there.