This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Chicago IS a Cultural Backwater

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Watermill

Watermill

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 08:38 PM

No problem there, carbro. I'm just happy ABT Men will be shown next week on OPB. Right after the special on the mating habits of banana slugs. (The state bird of Oregon)

#17 Maxi3D

Maxi3D

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 05:53 PM

Just a quick note for all of us in the cultural wastesland of So. Cal. KCET is airing the Men of ABT tonight @ 8PM PST. Catch it while you can!!

#18 Treefrog

Treefrog

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 03:17 PM

So, WTTW-Chicago has finally come around. Hubby saw the program manager recently and asked, "What gives?" The PM apparently rolled his eyes (in a "yeah, we messed up and boy, did we hear about it" kind of expression) and said that due to numerous complaints -- from the Joffrey, among others -- they would be running "Men of the ABT" in April.

Ballet triumphs over all!

#19 BW

BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 08:07 AM

Treefrog, check out this

Hedy Weiss of the Chicago Sun-Times previews the Joffrey Ballet's upcoming Diaghilev program: Nijinska's Les Noces, Massine's Parade, and Nijinksky's Rite of Spring.

over on the links forum, today.:(

#20 Treefrog

Treefrog

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 08:30 AM

Thanks, BW. We already have tickets. I might have missed that preview, which is very informative.

#21 BW

BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 08:32 AM

Hope you'll give us a full review of your own, Treefrog, and perhaps the mini Treefrogs will chime in too.

#22 Treefrog

Treefrog

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 08:42 AM

I'll try.

In light of recent discussions elsewhere on the board about kids at the ballet, I'd like opinions on whether this program is suitable for an 11 1/2 year old. I have my doubts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):