This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Eifman will be in DC in April!

At the Warner Theatre (from the Theatre's web site):

• April 25-27, 2003

On Sale Now

Ardani Artists Presents

A BORIS EIFMAN BALLET

TCHAIKOVSKY

The Mystery of Life and Death

Hailed by critics everywhere as Russia's most innovative contemporary dance company, Eifman Ballet of St. Petersburg has been electrifying audiences since 1977. When the company made its smashing New York debut in 1998, Anna Kisselgoff declared in The New York Times: "A ballet world in search of a major choreographer need search no more. He is Boris Eifman."

• Friday, April 25 @ 8 PM

• Saturday, April 26 @ 2 & 8 PM

• Sunday, April 27 @ 2 PM

Orchestra: $56.50

Mid Balcony: $46.50

Upper Balcony: $ 36.50

True, but if someone gave me a ticket and a tent, I'd be curious enough to check it out :)

I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing Eifman, and I'm glad the company is coming here. There's a lot of dance that bypasses DC -- Pina Bausch, Nederlands Dance Theatre, for two. We get lots of American modern dance, but very little European contemporary dance, or midrange ballet companies, and I hope that will change.

It's interesting that the Warner is a musicals house. It's where the Washington Ballet shows its children's programs, and there are pop music concerts there as well. So they're not going after the ballet audience, but a general audience.