Perlman At The Penthouse

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Patricia

Patricia

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 09:58 AM

Last night's LIVE FROM LINCOLN CENTER was an hour concert from the Kaplan Penthouse featuring violinist/conductor Itzak Perlman and the student orchestra from his (and wife Toby's) Summer Camp. With the exception of Bartok,Mozart, and Vivaldi's 4 SEASONS, all the music was from Balanchine ballets: SQUARE DANCE, CONCERTO BAROCCO, and SERENADE.

Students and teacher seem very pleased with each other. They sounded terrific. Perlman did something interesting and wonderful: for the Bach Double Concerto, he had each of the 13 violinists share the second part while he played all of the first. This made me :) and increase my admiration for Maestro Perlman tenfold.

#2 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,840 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 05:14 PM

Thanks very much for the report. I had planned to watch it but became distracted by Kim Clijsters' spectacular third set meltdown on ESPN. Perlman's willingness to spread the attention around to the kids is indeed admirable!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):