This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Perlman At The Penthouse

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Patricia

Patricia

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 09:58 AM

Last night's LIVE FROM LINCOLN CENTER was an hour concert from the Kaplan Penthouse featuring violinist/conductor Itzak Perlman and the student orchestra from his (and wife Toby's) Summer Camp. With the exception of Bartok,Mozart, and Vivaldi's 4 SEASONS, all the music was from Balanchine ballets: SQUARE DANCE, CONCERTO BAROCCO, and SERENADE.

Students and teacher seem very pleased with each other. They sounded terrific. Perlman did something interesting and wonderful: for the Bach Double Concerto, he had each of the 13 violinists share the second part while he played all of the first. This made me :) and increase my admiration for Maestro Perlman tenfold.

#2 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,861 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 05:14 PM

Thanks very much for the report. I had planned to watch it but became distracted by Kim Clijsters' spectacular third set meltdown on ESPN. Perlman's willingness to spread the attention around to the kids is indeed admirable!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):