New Kirov Roster - Where are Gumerova, Sologob, Iosifidi?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 02:06 PM

I notice that the Kirov-Mariinsky's website has been updated to included the most recently-hired soloists (the Ukraineans Nadezhda Gonchar & Leonid Sarafanov) but some favorites have been deleted???
We already know about Veronika Part's departure, to the ranks of ABT, last fall. However, I was shocked to not see the names of Sofia Gumerova, Alexandra Iosifidi and Natalia Sologub on the soloist (or principals) roster. I know that Gumerova danced last week's 'Swan Lake' so she could not have resigned THAT quickly!
Perhaps it is just a mistake of the webmaster?

On a similar note: Matvienko seems to be back on the roster??? I thought that he had left a few months ago. Maybe I am hallucinating because of the freezing temperatures here. Back to my hot chocolate & goose-down comforter. :)

#2 glebb

glebb

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 08:15 PM

So good to see you posting from Moscow Jeannie!

C Novi Godom!

Give my regards to Kransniya Ploshad and stay tiplo!

#3 Marc Haegeman

Marc Haegeman

Platinum Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 11:15 PM

No trace of Osmolkina either. I wouldn't take that list too literal, Jeannie, it's full of oddities. Besides, nothing to worry, in the English version all our favourites are still there, even Part :)

#4 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 02:47 AM

Thanks, Marc & Glebb! I did not even look in the English; then again, that one is usually a few steps behind the Russian.

#5 Saveta

Saveta

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 08:23 PM

Marc, if you think Ekaterina Osmolkina, she is listed as "coryphée" on the Russian language portion of the site

#6 Marc Haegeman

Marc Haegeman

Platinum Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 11:17 PM

That's right. Thank you, Saveta!
Apparently the coryphées can only be accessed through the first page of the roster, if you use the "dalee" ("further") link, you jump over them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):