This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Boal at the Joyce

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 12 January 2003 - 04:28 PM

How was it?

#2 Juliet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 12 January 2003 - 06:23 PM

I know!!! Why has no one written about this????

Molissa Fenley is not my idea of fun, but didn't anyone go to any of these performances???

#3 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 12 January 2003 - 06:56 PM

I went (like, duh. . .) :)

The program consisted of two short works, the piece by Albert Evans and then Wendy Perron's followed by an intermission - the Fenley piece was much longer, to commissioned music by Robert Ashby and came after. I really liked the decor (a series of five panel or screen-like drawings in sepia ink) that Fenley's husband did for her piece. I'm sure other people were there and will go into further detail (with apologies, I don't think I should be the one to speak for the record about this, I just don't think it's right.)

#4 Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 12 January 2003 - 07:50 PM

Okay, Leigh, we'll let you plea bargain. Finger the other people who were there and you don't have to review it. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):