Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alexandra

How often do you see non-ballet performances?

1. 1. How often do you see non-ballet performances?

• As often as I see ballet
    • Frequently
    • Occasionally
    • Seldom
    • Never

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 posts in this topic

This will be a simple poll, but I'm curious. Do people only see ballet? Or do you also see modern dance, dance theater, performance art, tap, and whatever the correct term is these days for ethnic dance as well?

If we get enough people saying yes, I'll do another poll that says "what kinds"? but for now, just the simple version. The choices are "Often," "Sometimes," "Seldom," "Never" -- defined as you want to define them :(

Not as often as I would like to. I am planning on seeing David Gordon at the Joyce in Feb.

I see more Irish dance (loads of it, in fact) than I do ballet. I also attend MOMIX and Pilobolus performances quite frequently.

Three performances a year may not qualify as "frequently" -- especially compared to the 30 or more NYCB performances I get to during an average year and the half-dozen or so for ABT. But I wouldn't call it "occasionally" either, since I regularly see all three Paul Taylor programs during their City Center season.

I voted seldom--but are probably closer to never. My non-ballet-going is mainly to see plays and opera.

Modern dance is more popular and affordable in Israel, so unfortuantely I see more modern than ballet. However, at present, I don't get to see anything very often.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0