This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Need a little help

1. 1. Need a little help

• 2-3
    • 4-7
    • 7-12
    • 12+

Hey there folks!

I read an article about dance in the last few weeks that mentioned an interesting fact. It stated that, in the united states people spend more money getting into the arts than they do to get into the movies. I think this is great and was plesasntly surprised. The only problem was I forgot where I read it... I thought it was in the New Yorker's article on pointe shoes, but have already thown out my copy, and cant seem to find the article online. You may be wondering why I am looking for the information, I would like to use it as part of the basis of a perspective for youth radio. The perspective i am creating, asks the question, "What is it that draws americans to the arts? And where do the preformers onstage come from?." I have interviewed fellow students from my high school, The Interlochen Arts Academy, and addressed issues like, when, what, and why, their art become more than a passion, and such. So, if you remember reading the same information somewhere, please let me know! Thanks!