This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Eifman's Giselle Rouge

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 04:14 AM

From the links page, here's an article about the Mother Theresa piece:

http://www.swissinfo...105&sid=1407642

#17 vila

vila

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 05:56 AM

I just remebered that Béjart is also at the Opéra Bastille this season (May & June)
with L'Oiseau de feu (Firebird)
Création mondiale (a new piece yet untitled)
Webern, opus V
Le Mandarin merveilleux (oh gees, how does this one that translate ? probably not "the marvellous man from China"

;)

but we are really running off topic here I suppose...

#18 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,271 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 07:21 AM

I think we usually translate it "The Miraculous Mandarin." Did you like them? I saw the Firebird, along with a piece he did for Jean Babille when Babille was in his 50s (which I liked very much.) I don't remember much about the Firebird -- it was the first year or two that I was going to ballet and it was very different from what I was used to. But I didn't hate it :)

#19 vila

vila

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 07:55 AM

"The Miraculous Mandarin." does certainly sound better, I do agree! :) , thank you for helping me with that one !!!

I have never seen any of his ballets that are programmed for further on this season, but have been to his Sissi, (which I much delighted in : choreography, setting, costumes and...sylvie guillem ) several of his Boleros, Tek, seen bits of his Hamlet and some others - can't recall titles at this point -... oh yes, and the Concours, of course (that murder mystery ballet) which I discovered last year (it has aged quite badly, appealing in a sort of quaint manner, but not enough to see it again! didn't care for all those caricatures/stereotypes i.e. the japanese memeber of the jury, the american etc...., seemed to keep the audience amused though. I do like him more subtle !

Oh, and Alexandra, I am afraid I will be laptopless during my trip
:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):