This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Eifman's Giselle Rouge

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 04:14 AM

From the links page, here's an article about the Mother Theresa piece:

http://www.swissinfo...105&sid=1407642

#17 vila

vila

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 05:56 AM

I just remebered that Béjart is also at the Opéra Bastille this season (May & June)
with L'Oiseau de feu (Firebird)
Création mondiale (a new piece yet untitled)
Webern, opus V
Le Mandarin merveilleux (oh gees, how does this one that translate ? probably not "the marvellous man from China"

;)

but we are really running off topic here I suppose...

#18 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 07:21 AM

I think we usually translate it "The Miraculous Mandarin." Did you like them? I saw the Firebird, along with a piece he did for Jean Babille when Babille was in his 50s (which I liked very much.) I don't remember much about the Firebird -- it was the first year or two that I was going to ballet and it was very different from what I was used to. But I didn't hate it :)

#19 vila

vila

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 07:55 AM

"The Miraculous Mandarin." does certainly sound better, I do agree! :) , thank you for helping me with that one !!!

I have never seen any of his ballets that are programmed for further on this season, but have been to his Sissi, (which I much delighted in : choreography, setting, costumes and...sylvie guillem ) several of his Boleros, Tek, seen bits of his Hamlet and some others - can't recall titles at this point -... oh yes, and the Concours, of course (that murder mystery ballet) which I discovered last year (it has aged quite badly, appealing in a sort of quaint manner, but not enough to see it again! didn't care for all those caricatures/stereotypes i.e. the japanese memeber of the jury, the american etc...., seemed to keep the audience amused though. I do like him more subtle !

Oh, and Alexandra, I am afraid I will be laptopless during my trip
:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):