This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Royal Ballet School's forthcoming performance.

Helena, I don't yet know what the programme is going to be but why don't you try asking on ballet.co.uk? It's a British-based site so you're probably more likely to get an answer there.

I do know that in addition to their appearance at Covent Garden they also do an outdoor performance at Holland Park, which is the one I usually go to because it's so charming, especially if the weather is good. Not sure if they are going to be there this year, though.

Helena

The programme is still subject to alteration but this is what the Upper School is rhearsing:

Christopher Wheeldon's Souvenirs

Ricardo Bustamente Kreisler Variations

Plus a Defile that the whole school shall take part in.

I am not sure as to what the White Lodgers are rehersing but I think Anatole Grigoriev is staging a ballet called Dance of the Hours for them. I hope this is of some help. :)

Thanks, James - that's certainly helpful. It all sounds like unfamiliar territory for me, so it will be educational as well as enjoyable!

Ann - I did wonder which site to post on - I read them all - but chose this one because I knew that some RBS students read it, and last year there was a lot of information about the RBS performance.

Guest amyhad

I believe that at Covent Garden this year White Lodge, lower RBS will be performing 'Dance of the Hours' and different forms of dance from the different years of the school.

Unfortunatly though there will be no performance at Holland Park this year.

Sorry I cannot be of more help but not even pupils are yet sure of the repetoire.

After the Matinee in the main house at the ROH, the whole school will continue to perform in the Linbury Studio from 11 to 14 of July. On top of the main Works will be a more varied progamme including things like the Sleeping Beauty Act3 Pas de Cinq and 'Upper School Contempary'. You'll also have a chance to see other casts have a bsh at the main roles there are so few of! Look out for Laruen Cuthbertson and the 15 year old Nutnatree Pipithsuksunt from Thailand who recently won a Gold Medal from the Adaline genee Competition. i think the performances coming up for the school and it's very new repetoire is extremely exciting forb both us and the Audience. I feel that it's ashame that it's not a chance for the school to show off any works created for us but will give us a chance to interpet the peices in a new light and show how versatile we are! (Hopefully!)

Jonny

Thank you, Amy and Jonny. It all sounds very interesting. I remember quite a few of the dancers from last year, so I'll enjoy seeing how they have progressed. Probably won't get to the Linbury, though, unfortunately - I'd like to, but it's quite a long journey for me.

Any updates will be much appreciated!