Who's the MVP of the Year in your hometown company?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Jasper

Jasper

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 06:11 AM

For Bavarian State Ballet, Munich: Lisa-Maree Cullum - because she is the one who steps in whenever anyone is injured. With any male partner. Last Nutcracker series (Neumeier, some years ago) she danced almost every performance after one after the other Louises had to pull out...
This season, I heard she was waiting in the wings during the Don Q performances as it was not sure whether the lead would be able to carry on, although I have no proof for this...
(This is not meant to disqualify any of the other dancers, of course!)

#17 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 07:25 AM

Mme. Hermine, a baby started screaming during the white swan pas e deux, but Murphy took no notice and was wonderful.

#18 glebb

glebb

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 07:28 AM

And Dale, what about that performance of Odile?

WOW!!!!!!!

#19 Ophelie

Ophelie

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 12:55 PM

At Paris Opera Ballet, my favorite female dancer is Clairemarie Osta ( Etoile since 1 week ... ) ... I like very much Agnès Letestu too ... and my favorite male dancer is José Martinez :) :( !

#20 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,246 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 01:08 PM

Thank you for that, Ophelie. It's a happy time when one's favorite dancer gets promoted! Congratulations to both of you :)

#21 Tessa

Tessa

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 03:09 PM

For Pennsylvania Ballet, I nominate Tara Keating and Charity Eagens, two corps dancers who have shone in individual roles and have also helped to lead an increasingly unified and elegant corps.

And for most exciting newcomer, I nominate Riolama Lorenzo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):