This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Eifman or Forsythe? Pick one!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Eifman or Forsythe? Pick one! (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Eifman or Forsythe? Pick one!

1. William Forsythe (18 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. Boris Eifman (6 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote

#16 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 04:12 PM

Welcome to BalletTalk soloist mom!

It may not be the "Forsythe Ballet" but Forsythe does have a company at present, Ballett Frankfurt, where he will stay until 2004.

#17 Nanatchka

Nanatchka

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 07:21 PM

I have edited this several times, and decided all I can commit to is that I hope Mel will write.

#18 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 08:02 PM

I think I've made my proposed solution to this dilemma above - move to Chicago, or San Francisco, or maybe Cicely, Alaska. Given this choice is a lot like being executed in Utah: Do you want to be hanged or shot? They both know better than to be doing what they're doing, and are foisting non-ballet on the world. As with much of my writing, my comment is plagiarized - "A plague o' both your houses!"

#19 Nanatchka

Nanatchka

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 01:23 PM

I meant that I hope Mel (hello, Mel!) will write when he gets to Chicago....or wherever he thinks he will be safe from all this. But it's a small world. Is there a new International Style in the making in ballet? I'm all for World Federalism, and the Balkanization of Ballet at the same time....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):