This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ballet Pictures

Try the Google search engine image search, which can be found here:

http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en

Enter the name of a dancer (try "Jock Soto," for example) and you're likely to have some choice of images (in his case, five), assuming the dancer is well-known enough to have images posted on websites.

Don't forget that most images are protected by Copyright laws, so be careful how you use the ones you find.

Try to be sure to spell the names correctly if you can (although Google will try to be helpful and suggest other spellings if your first try doesn't work).

If you're looking for action photographs in book form, Fred Fehl has published several books of dancers captured in performance.

Usually, our standard "homework help" answer is "go to your library!" but I'm not sure that would be helpful in your case. For photos, the web may well be the best place to look.

Henrik, you might also try www.balletcompanies.com There you will find just about every dance company in the world. AND many ballet companies have photos of dancers on their web site. Stuttgart and Hamburg Ballets both have a lot of photos. Also, www.bournonville.com has a lot of photos of Bournonville ballets.

There aren't a lot of good picture books in print now with photos, that I can think of, anyway.

[ February 20, 2002: Message edited by: alexandra ]

NY City Ballet's website, nycballet.com, has a section called Front Row Center which has performance photos that get updated on Wednesdays. The repertory index on that site also has photos accompanying the info on some of the ballets listed there.

[PS: I loved the Bournonville site! Gorgeous pics, very interesting.] smile.gif

[ February 20, 2002: Message edited by: BalletNut ]

Guest Katherine Arten

Google.com also has an images button that you can click on and if you type in ballet in the search button, you'll get some pretty good pictures.

Hope this helps!

d_frog cool.gif

Thanks again!

pamela: tried to call you, but no answer... I found most of what i needed, so I dont think ill try again! But thank you a lot for your kind offer.

Synd det gikk så dårlig med sverige i vinter OL...men hei, alle som vant mye var jo dopa uansett så...

Hope you understand norwegian! biggrin.gif