This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

A great day for the Irish

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ed Waffle

Ed Waffle

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 20 February 2002 - 12:04 PM

A quick note to Brendan McCarthy and Mashinka (with apologies, if appropriate, to Alexandra).

I can see where the last paragraph of the post in question can be seen as anti-Irish or anti-Irish dance, which it wasn’t meant to be. Four of my great-grandparents were born in the Emerald Isle and the neighborhood in which I grew up on the South Side of Chicago was an Irish enclave surrounded by other ethnic-American enclaves (Greek, Mexican, African).

The faux-Irish “entertainment” that has flooded the U. S. in the past few decades is what I would exclude, with Michael Flately being just the worst example.

#2 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,271 posts

Posted 20 February 2002 - 12:10 PM

Ed, thanks for posting that here, and not on the other thread. I'm going to close it, though. I just do not want to get into ethnic debates on the board. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):