This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

NYCB Nut-Dec. 14 debut confusion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sneds

sneds

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 December 2002 - 12:26 PM

Hi!
In Jack Anderson's review of the weekend Nutcracker debuts in today's NYTimes, he mentions that Jonathan Stafford partnered Janie Taylor in the Saturday matinee. According to the cast list online, Carla Korbes should have made her debut as the Sugarplum Fairy at that performance (with Taylor as Dewdrop). Did Anderson goof or did Korbes not dance??

Kate

#2 Juliet

Juliet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 16 December 2002 - 12:51 PM

Korbes did not dance.

#3 Manhattnik

Manhattnik

Gold Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 16 December 2002 - 12:54 PM

According to the casting posted at the State Theater, Korbes was replaced with Taylor, and there was a bit of shuffling to accomodate this (Taylor to Sugar Plum, Bouder to Dewdrop, Riggins (or was it Tinsley?) to Marzipan.

#4 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,271 posts

Posted 16 December 2002 - 01:58 PM

Thanks for the question, sneds, and the clarification, Juliet and Manhattnik -- there were a lot of people waiting for Korbes's return, so this isn't good news.

#5 glebb

glebb

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 December 2002 - 05:30 PM

I wont even make it to NYC for NYCBs "The Nutcracker" , but if I were there, I would be waiting for Korbes's return. She's really pretty!

#6 AmandaNYC

AmandaNYC

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 11:09 AM

FYI: Korbes had been dancing in the corps of Waltz of the Flowers earlier in the season.

-amanda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):