This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Le Jeune Ballet de France

Guest Gigi1

Gigi1, I'm not 100% sure, but it seems to me that the Jeune Ballet de France stopped functioning about one year ago, for financial reasons. And it didn't have a school: it was a company which was made especially for young dancers just out of school with no previous profesionnal experience. They spent one or two years with the company performing in various cities in France and in other countries, usually their programs focused on the history of ballet, showing various excerpts of ballets from different periods.

Really, because I've read in a lot of dancer's biographies that they have previously danced or performed with Le Jeune Ballet de France - including dancers from the Australian Ballet and Royal Ballet. Although - if they have closed down, it would explain why their website no longer works!

Yes, their web site doesn't work any longer, and I haven't seen any performance by them listed by French dance magazines (while they used to perform quite often in French towns), so it seems very likely that the company was closed. It's a pity, because it provided an opportunity to start a career for a lot of young dancers, and also it showed some ballet programs in small French cities with no other exposure to ballet.