This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Onegin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Viviane

Viviane

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 02:33 PM

Just discovered an older video (taped from tv) of Cranko's Onegin and performed by the National Ballet of Canada.
I'm missing a little bit of the intro and has no clue about the dancers ! Must be +/- 15 years old ?
Can someone help me ? thanks ! :)

#2 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 04:50 PM

Viviane - from what I recall (somebody please correct me!) the National version on tape is

Onegin - Frank Augustyn
Tatiana - Sabine Alleman
Lensky - Jeremy Ransom
I'm afraid I don't recall Olga.

#3 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 09:01 PM

the '86 nbc/onegin for film credits:
Onegin c1986.
96 min. : sd. color
Notes:Co-production of Primedia Productions Limited and the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation in association with RM Arts. Distributed as a videotape by Home Vision, a Films Incorporated Co., Chicago, Ill. Director: Norman Campbell. Producers: W. Paterson Ferns and Norman Campbell.
Choreography: John Cranko, restaged by Reid Anderson and adapted for television by Norman Campbell and Reid Anderson. Based on the poem by Alexander Pushkin. Music: Peter Tchaikovsky, arranged and orchestrated by Kurt-Heinz Stolze. Scenery/costumes: Jurgen Rose. Lighting: Sholem Dolgoy, adapted for television by Sholem Dolgoy and Ross Viner.
Performed by the National Ballet of Canada. Cast: Sabina Allemann (Tatiana), Frank Augustyn (Eugene Onegin), Jeremy Ransom (Lensky), Cynthia Lucas (Olga), Serge Lavoie (Prince Gremin), Victoria Bertram (Mme. Larina), Lorna Geddes (Nurse), and others. National Ballet of Canada Orchestra, conducted by Ermanno Florio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):