#16 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 05:50 PM

Erm, BalletNut?

I've just received two Private Messages. The first is From Continental Baking (A Subsidiary of Interstate Brands) asking you to cease and desist from using their trademarks.

The other is from the Food and Drug Administration asking you to provide a nutritional analysis in triplicate for any and all proposed ballets.

#17 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,234 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 06:16 PM

No, no, don't shut up! :) I think the Fast Food Nutcracker is just the thing for the new Millennium. Clara and the Little Prince sled through the Golden Arches, and every audience member gets a Happy Meal.

Ballet Nut -- of course, you're right about the designer -- Melbye did do "Giselle" not "Swan Lake." That was a thinko :)

#18 Juliet

Juliet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 07:33 PM

Now you all don't forget that this is going to be a singularly American Nutcracker....ENB did some delicious Licorice Allsorts costumes for their production recently, if I am not mistaken......I don't want to poach on someone else's territory....

I can just see the little CrackerJack Kids coming out from a big box.....or maybe they can all be the little prizes coming out from the Great CrackerJack....

we can have the little French Fries, the little Moon Pies, the little Uncle Leo's Peppermint Sticks, the battle between the Chili Dogs and the Sauerkratut/Kielbasa forces....
fiinishing with the cotton candy and sno-cone waltz.....

It will be Boardwalk Nutcracker!!!!!

(What do you mean I'm off-topic???
Oh.....alright.....

Back to hemming a Drosselmeyer cape that is three miles long....
;)

#19 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 07:55 PM

Oh please. The battle scene is not anything so vulgar as sausages in our Fast Food™ Nutcracker.

Lime Jell-o™ wrestling.

Where is your sense of Brand Image?

Bon appetit!

#20 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • 9,234 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 09:24 PM

Juliet, you were born to design this.

Did anyone watch the trailer? The snowball tutus weren't as interesting as I thought. More like heavy tires around the waists of the dancers than something fluffy, like snow.

#21 grace

grace

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 10:41 PM

i realise i'm coming in late, but i think they're lovely.

like alexandra and giannina, though, i find it hard to imagine them in flight.

i also think they would be hard to dance in, ruling out (as they seem to) the possibility of 'using' the arms to help you to do anything.

#22 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 08:58 PM

As an idea these costumes are intriguing. They certainly evoke snowballs. I can't help but wonder (before watching the trailer) about losing the line of those lovely torsos, though. I imagine that the legs look cut off from everything else.

I like the backdrop. It reminds me of the one for the posthumous staging of Balanchine's Swan. So, with that in mind, black snowflakes would make perfect sense!;)

Sometimes I think that the distinction between "different" and "good" is lost.:(

#23 grace

grace

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 16 December 2002 - 04:48 PM

Sometimes I think that the distinction between "different" and "good" is lost

excellent point, carbro.

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):